Wednesday, 16 November 2011

My passion for web services

I always wanted to work in web services, back in 2006 when I was working in Hewlett Packard, I overheard my seniorsaying 'exposing any method as web service' I got interest in it. After some initial reading and understanding I realized that any java method or functionality can be exposed as web service, so that client programs from remotelocations can consume them. I also learned that web services are B2B (Business to Business) communication where applications talk to each other by exchanging XML documents.

I am really excited the way web services achieve interoperability among applications developed using heterogenious frameworks. A .Net application can consume web services exposed bya java and vice versa. The central idea is the usage of XML which is platform and technology neutral. Later, I came to knowabout REST web services. I don't have detailed knowledge of REST web services, though I know the core idea.

Now, after 5 years of knowing web services, I really didn't get a chance to work in real life project using web services.All I did were hello axis, hello jax-ws, hello-metro web services which are very basic. I am seriously considering writingOracle java web services certification and then later IBM SOA certifications. I will be posting more web services materialfrom now on, especially the information on critical errors I got during development and deployment of web services and how I fixed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment